For the theme installation you can follow two ways:
- FTP upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-zipped freesoul folder into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server.
- WordPress upload (faster and easier): Navigate to Appearance => Themes > Add New > Upload Theme > Choose File. Now you can select the zipped freesoul.zip and then hit Install Now.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it. Go to Appearance => Themes and activate Freesoul theme.
This theme requires the plugins:
- Freesoul Custom to be ready for all your custom code if you need it
- Freesoul Builder to build pages in no time, create contact and newsletter forms and the coming soon page.
These two plugins will be automatically uploaded and activated after you activate the theme.
If for an unexpected reason their installation doesn’t work as it should, do the following.
For each plugin installation you should:
- Go to Plugins => Add New
- Click Upload link
- Browse to the plugin’s zip file (eos-framework.zip in case of Freesoul Framework and freesoul-builder.zip in case of Freesoul Builder) and choose that file.
- Click “Install Now” button
- Wait while the plugin is uploaded to your server
- Click “Activate Plugin” button
If you are starting a website from scratch, before starting to add new pages, go to Freesoul Settings => Quick Setup. It will help you to set the most important options, create pages, create the menu … in no time.
Moreover, you can directly install a demo content from Freesoul Settings => Start here
To activate your license go to Settings => Freesoul License.
Insert the email you have used for your purchase and the license key you have received via email after the purchase.
After activating your license, every time a new Freesoul theme version or a Freesoul Builder plugin are available you will see a notification on your WordPress back-end and you will be able to update with one click.